Sunday

bridal brunch shower

Yesterday was "Sweets" anticipated day...her 1st bridal shower!  It was wonderful, the food was wonderful, the friends that came out were wonderful and most of all, Sarah loved it all!  Here's sharing some moments of her Peacock themed shower.

Peacock Details:

 party favor cake-boxes filled with Sar's fav...pistachios
 antique typewriter used for guests to sign~in!
the beautiful peacock cake made by Katie Martindale from College Station (the thirsty gourmet)
(one of my best friends very talented daughter)
 mother of the bride's wedding dress circa 1981
 mother of the groom's wedding dress circa 1974
 crocheted wedding barbie dress that Sar's grandma (my mom),
made for her when she was born as a wedding gift
(Sarah had never seen it until today)
circa 1985
 menu display I made using an antique window I bought in Bethany Iowa (at one of my favorite antique shops), during Sarah's first year of college in Iowa 
 one of the table centerpieces...I got Landon's mom to send me his school year pictures
and I combined it with Sarah's to use as the table numbers
the old door backdrop are doors I recycled from Nolan Ryan's ranch a few years back
~
Peacock Faces:

guests signing in
the welcoming, introductions & prayer before the meal
 hostesses doing their thing

some new dear friends...Katie Walker & Melanie Pyland
bride to be
 lovely friends
(Sue & Megan)
one of the flower girls
 (this is the "mini-flower" girl), Kinsey!
the hostesses with Sar n I
(Michelle Liner, Laura Schulz, me, Sar, Lisa Pope & Lisa Bigon)
(Michelle) the matron of honor playing with the typewriter
 more beautiful friends
chow time!
opening of the gifts
the beautiful bride to be!
~
the Peacock Brunch Menu:
shrimp toast cups
cheese straws
chicken salad
stuffed french toast
grape salad
muffin assortment
fruit slush
thumbprint cookies
peacock cake
peacocktail mimosas
flavored waters
coffee

~
thank you to everyone that came and a special thank you to the wonderful hostesses!
Sar 'n Belle

No comments: