Thursday

Raspberry Lemonade anyone?

We are having friends over for dinner tomorrow night.  Since I'm fixing Mexican food for dinner, I thought I should go with something refreshing for a dessert.  I kept craving a berry-type cake.  While I have made lemonade cupcakes before I kinda tweaked the recipe I use and decided to add the berries somehow.  Finally came up with this recipe and since Dan is my "trial n error Man"---he gave me his thumbs up! 
So Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes it is!!!  Give it a try and see what you think.


RASPBERRY LEMONADE CUPCAKES

1 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
pinch of salt
Run through a sifter and set aside.
In mixing bowl mix until smooth the following:
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. oil
1/3 c. thawed Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
2 egg whites
Now gradually add flour mixture and 1/4 c. buttermilk and blend well.
Pour into lined muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 22-25 minutes. 
Remove from tin immediately and let cool on rack.
(I used my jumbo tin and filled each 1/3 of the way and got 6 large cupcakes)

Raspberry Lemonade FROSTING:
1 stick butter (room temp)
1/4 c. shortening
Blend the two until smooth in mixing bowl. 
Add:
2 c. powdered sugar--blend and then add 4 T. (or more until smmoth texture) of the thawed Rasp/Lemonade Concentrate
  Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!

Kicking my feet up now and enjoying a glass of my fav drink...Italian Soda!

No comments: