Sunday

mmm lunch dates...

One of my dear friends emailed me a couple of weeks ago and said she wanted to have lunch and just catch up. It has been months since we last connected. I miss her very much. I went from seeing her everyday to maybe twice a year if I am lucky. Anyway, she said she needed someone to talk to. So today, I cleared my afternoon after a clients presentation, to be able to just visit. Last night I debated whether to pickup or prepare our lunch. I opted for tuna salad sandwiches, chips, drink and oatmeal cookies. Made the tuna salad (great recipe to follow), the rest was purchased. I boxed them up and off I went. The conversation and the lunch was lovely in itself. I have to admit that she caught me off guard when she said, "I wanted to talk to you because you are a very spiritual person". So it got me to thinking... a-am I spiritual enough that people see that b-who could ever be too spiritual? c-(& more importantly), I need to work on my spirituality-daily! It's often that I don't make the time to allow God to really work in my life and to acknowledge that whats around us is in fact his work. But isn't that true of all of us? Having been struggling the last few years with my faith has raised many questions about religion, God, but mostly my church. I believe that todays churches struggle just as we do to maintain it's attendance, participation and flock. As we do in maintaining our faith and committments. I don't have the answers but I do know that God never let's us down and is a constant companion in our journeys -if we allow him to be. So I guess my point is that after my lunch date today I was made aware of the fact that even when you are having trouble committing and remaining faithful-there are others that still see that light in us just as God sees it too. Maybe it's his way of letting us know and hopefully re-igniting that desire to learn and seek him. My prayer is that we find time in our daily walks to stop and question, am I a spiritual person and how can I improve myself for God.
at 12:44 PM 0 comments

No comments: