Friday

Ladies Luncheon theme

I hosted a Tapas-themed Luncheon for my friends this week and I must say we had a lovely time! In keeping with the tapas theme it inspired the "finger-mini-style" menu which was fun to plan and even "funner" (I know, not proper), to eat! 

Here's a look at the menu:
Bite Sized Green Chicken Tostadas
Spanish Beef Cups
Mini Summer Pasta Salads
Teenie Fruit Kabobs w/ Orange Dreamsicle Dip
Apple Walnut Bruschetta
Mini Cheesecakes with homemade Blueberry Sauce
mini cheesecakes

homemade blueberry sauce for cheesecakes

Fruit infused Green Tea with mini servings of fruit kabobs n dip

Apple Walnut Bruschetta drizzled with honey

my fav honey that "made" the bruschetta!
I'm working on putting the menu with recipes on cardstock for the guests.  In the meantime, here's the bruschetta recipe cuz it's to die for!
~
Regret.  That I didn't take any photos of the food display and the lovely ladies that attended.  I was too busy having fun!  Next time!

Apple Walnut Bruschetta
1 c.  low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 t. fresh thyme & rosemary (finely snipped)  *I plucked mine out of my herb garden
1/2 t. honey (and some extra to drizzle on final step)
10-12 baguettes (toasted)
1/4 c. toasted & chopped walnuts
1 granny smith apple

Place cottage cheese in food processor/blender and mix til smooth.  Sprinkle in the herbs and mix in the honey.  Place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.  When ready to serve (don't make too far ahead cuz they will soften up and won't taste the same), spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mix on baguette, add a thin slice of apple, sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle some honey.   That's it!  Get ready to have an experience in your mouth!  The combination of cheese and herbs along with the apple and walnuts will blow you away!
*A great healthy snack!

No comments: