Thursday

Homemade Granola


Love granola?  I do!  And it's getting so expensive and I love having it with my yogurt, so I decided to try my first time @ making it. This recipe was rather easy, however I did change things up a little.
HOMEMADE GRANOLA
4 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. oat bran
3/4 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. chopped almonds
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
3/4 t. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/8 c. maple syrup
1/3 c. honey
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 T. cinnamon
1/2 T. vanilla
1 c. dried cranberries
(can sub raisins, dried blueberries or chopped dried apricots for a variety)
Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment.  Preheat oven on 325.  Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.  In a pot, add the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, canola, cinnamon and vanilla. Heat on medium to a rolling boil.  Pour into the large bowl with dry ingredients and mix well. Pour on pan and bake for 20-25 until crispy and toasty.  Remove from oven, cool and add cranberries.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments: