Tuesday

Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes


Listen up...remember the Easter cupcakes I made that looked like they had a yolk in the middle? (Refer to April archive in blog). Well I decided to experiment and since I love anything tropical, I played around with using the same technique as the Easter cupcakes but the filling is coconut and frosting is key lime.
Here's what I did:
1. Took a box of white cake mix. Mixed as directed on package.
2. After mixing, I removed 1 1/4 c. of cake batter and put into a measuring cup.
3. I added 1 t. coconut flavoring and 2 T. finely chopped coconut.

4. After filling cupcake cups about 1/3 full, I put the coconut mix into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a small opening in a corner. Dip into middle of each cupcake batter and squeeze about 1 T. (approx)
5. Bake as directed. Cool and then frost.
6. I always make homemade frosting but if you're in a pinch, use the canned vanilla and mix in 2 t. key lime juice and frost away.

Cíao for now--gotta go on vacation!










No comments: