Sunday

Delicious pasta!

you know how I have an overabundance of cherry tomatoes from our garden- well I think I have made everything imagineable with them but I came across this recipe. I am not an Italian food aficionado but this one seemed to catch my attention. It was rather good and Dan sure loved it. Especially the fact that we had leftovers for his lunch! Try it and if capers aren't in your taste palette, you can surely leave them out!

Cherry Tomato & Caper Pasta
4 T. capers
1 small red onion, halved lengthwise
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1can whole tomatoes, chopped
7 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 T. chopped fresh mint
1/8 t. black pepper
3/4 lb dried linguine

Rinse & drain capers, then chop. Cook onion, cut sides down, and garlic in oil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add capers and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove and discard garlic and onion. Add canned and cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in mint and pepper, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
Shortly before sauce is done, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water
until al dente. Reserve about 1 cup cooking water, then drain pasta. Add pasta to sauce and cook over high heat, tossing, 10 to 15 seconds. If pasta seems dry, add a few tablespoons reserved cooking water.

1 comment:

Belle Jaeger said...

Note:
I actually used all cherry tomatoes vs the canned since I have so many of the little homegrowns!