Thursday

Stromboli

Here's the recipe for the Stromboli I like to make... you can use either pizza dough or frozen thawed out bread dough.
1 pkg. frozen bread dough (thawed)
mozzarella
spaghetti sauce
pepperoni
black olives
(other options: mushrooms, salami, onion, bell pepper, spinach)
Spread out dough on cookie sheet & into a rectangle, (I like to rub olive oil on hands so it doesn't stick). Spread sauce lightly, add rest of ingredients. Roll up, pinch ends and place seam side down. Brush with butter and place in 350• for about 20-30 minutes. Slice and serve. Delicioso!

1 comment:

Ryan Carter said...

I am trying this tonight! I like making pizza and bread dough from scrath so i'll have to experiment with both. Since I don't have pepperonis at the house, i'm going to be unconventional and use some left overs in the fridge... grilled chicked, sun dried tomatoes, and kilbasa. I'll still use the spaghetti sauce and mozzarella mentioned in the recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out! Once I make it back to Whole Foods i'll buy some pepperonis and try it your way!