Sunday

here it is....geeze it's about time

so I have been meaning to put this recipe up for maybe a couple of years, and since I just make it during the holidays - it's a busy time and I put it on the back burner and then remember like in June when no one in their right mind wants to find themselves in a hot kitchen, much less making sweet potatoe anything other than the "nuked" kind.  But a friend has been nudging me to do it - so here it is!  The Jaeger's fav sweet potato dish.
So sorry for the delay folks, but now you have an opportunity to make it at Christmas time for your special meal unless it's tamales and then I would say...NO! The two don't go and I SHOULD know!

Jaeger Sweet Potato Casserole
(even non-sweet potato lovers will LOVE it)!

2 large cans sweet potatoes (drained and mashed)
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs (room temp & beaten)
1/2 t. salt
4 T. butter (room temp & soft)
1/2 c. milk
1/2 t. vanilla paste (my preference, but you can use extract)
Mix all of these together and pour into a greased baking dish.  Set aside.
~
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
3 T. butter (room temp & soft) *NOT melted
1/2 c. chopped pecans (preferably toasted)
Mix these together until you have a coarse consistency and then sprinkle on top of casserole.
Bake in 325° for 30 minutes and enjoy the heck outta this---don't
be surprised if you run out!

No comments: