Monday

lovin' my new antique piece

See my new great find?
Went to a new consignment shop in town the other day, and
first thing to catch my eye was this beautiful cabinet.
It came out of a church in Chappel Hill and is dated late 1800's. I had been searching for a
hutch to place in my breakfast area with lots of storage.  This seemed perfect.
So I came home, measured, folded down my seats in the SUV.  Danced a jig cause I knew it would be perfect.  Headed back with dimensions, haggling skills in toe (got it for less than priced), did a cartwheel and it was perfect...(the cabinet, not my cartwheel)!
 So we loaded it up and I brought it to it's new home.  Yippee!
Someone had covered the window panels with fabric (not sure why), but that was the first thing to come off.  I headed to Lowe's to have glass cut and picked up some glass mounts.  Dusted, cleaned and inserted glass panels. then I covered shelves with decorator upholstery fabric and decorative brass nails.

Now my antique collection of milk glass cake stands have a perfect HOME!


No comments: