Tuesday

Eggnog treat anyone?

I love mixing & combining, so for a special treat this Christmas I was wanting to make something a little different for dessert and I came up with the following medley.
Eggnog Candy Cane Cupcakes!
They smell wonderful and I hope the people receiving them will enjoy them and hope they taste as terrific as they smell.
So, here's what I came up with...
Batter: 2 boxes white cake mix
(followed instructions per box but substituted the water for eggnog)
Pour into lined cupcake pan and bake accordingly. 
Cool and then frost with your fav buttercream frosting.
Unfortunately I will not share my homemade recipe since it's not mine to give away, but I did add a teaspoon of rum extract and 2 T. of eggnog to it while mixing up.
Then top off with shavings of peppermint white chocolate.  I used hershey candy cane kisses-available now only for the holiday. I scraped them thru my grater then dipped each cupcake slightly. Tedious unwrapping each kiss and grating but overall grated about 12-15 of them  for 44 cupcakes. 

Try it and let me know how they're enjoyed!

No comments: