Tuesday

Loving FALL!

I absolutely love this time of year! Everything about it. The feel in the air, the crispness to the breezes, the colors...oranges, yellows, reds and browns. I am thankful for it all!
Dan created a beautiful sancturay in our backyard and I love the way the birds flock to it and the smells coming from the different variety of herbs. So before we move I want to take as much of them with us. So yesterday, one of my tasks included finishing up on harvesting some of my herbs; rosemary, basil and some bay leaves to dry out. If any of you like fresh herbs and are in need of any, especially bay leaves, do holler. I have plenty and they are wonderful in stews, meats and poultry recipes. There is a huge difference between homegrown herbs vs the store bought. My fav-bay leaf in my homemade chicken noodle soup. The tradition in our home when the kids were young, was whoever found the bay leaf in their soup got a prize. That's how they know about bay leaves, lol!

No comments: