Friday

Merry Packing -- yeah right!

So the news is that Dallas will soon be our new home. So with that comes lots of prepping, planning, packing and lots of it and saying goodbyes. Something I am not fond of. So far, I am done with the downstairs. Bad news is, I still have the upstairs. But the dreaded chore...the attic. OMG! Not looking forward to that job at all. So I will need continuous motivation or it will never happen.
The garage sale is scheduled for next Saturday and the mounds of "for sale" and "give away" piles are piling.
I am thrilled that a few months ago- without any of us knowing what the future held, while the kids were home they went thru their closets. Since both kids don't live here and they still had stuff here, I came up with the idea of "virtual packing". I posted photo albums of their room contents and they can tell me what to chunk and what to keep. I'm still suffering repercussions for having donated all their childhood handmade Halloween costumes to the music department at their old elementary. I thought I was doing a good thing!
Now we have to make sure and clear it with them first.
But this method of packing up their rooms has been very helpful. So those of you out there facing the same dilemma, give it a try.

Well onward with my packing my friends! Gotta keep smiling :)

No comments: