Monday

Recycle

Had a great and busy weekend and was very thankful for the rain we got.
I was disappointed that my digital camera was going to cost as much to repair as getting a new one. So shopping for a new one it is! I hate that they make things so disposable nowadays, partly to blame for the repair costs being so high. What happened to saving the planet? This brings me to recycling...

Dan n I attempt to do our part in recycling each week. Pretty much everything with the exception of glass is picked up by our city. My shipment boxes or containers I recieve each week, are flattened to include in our recycling bin along with all plastic containers, etc. It is a little time consuming but definitely worth the trouble. There are so many things we can do to help. Did you know that there is a company that collects all the plastic bottle caps that aren't picked up in regular recycling? If you work at a school-find out about enrolling them in this wonderful program.
Dan has his own homemade compost pile for his gardening that reduces the purchasing of fertilizer, but there are endless possibilities! I wish everyone would make an attempt to recycle. Basing it on how much WE personnally do, if everyone would do their part-it would astound you as to how much we (society), dispose of! Keep this in mind next time you throw away that coke can, newspaper, or cardboard box--have you seen our landfills lately? Each one of us can make a difference!
I do wish that repairs wouldn't cost so much so we would be forced to fix what we have vs buying, buying, buying and I wouldn't have had to rave about recycling. Although it is a good reminder to make!

No comments: