Friday

Mama

hello dear readers- Happy MAY!!!
This month is special to me because we have an opportunity to honor our Mother's. Fortunately for me, I still have my mom and I am very thankful for that. Next week I will be making my trek to Harlingen, Texas my hometown and where my mom still resides. My mom has been my biggest inspiration throughout my life. There are so many things that make that lady so special to me-aside from the fact that she raised a magnificent daughter -LOL! She has been the ultimate roll model for me.
Being a mother myself, she taught me:

  • that our children come before any other person
  • that you need to instill God in their lives-because without him, our journey will be a difficult one
  • values - oh my did we get (& still getting) values!
  • respect, humility & kindness
  • & the most important---don't ever think of leaving the house without LIPSTICK!

I still call my mom on a daily basis to check up on her but mainly just to chat, because I know that one day (hopefully- a long time from now), I will miss that more than anything else. There aren't many things one can give a parent after they have acquired all those trinkets and material things, but I have come to learn that their appreciation of the simplest things such as a daily call or visit is what they desire more than anything. I certainly wish I lived by her, but since I don't--the phone calls will continue.

So with that said, I hope that if YOU are still blessed enough to have a Mother, that you will be able to honor them not only for Mother's day but everyday while you still can!

No comments: