Sunday

Isn't it amazing how our senses work?

We all know that smell can trigger some memories for us, maybe a food our grandmother prepared or even a dish that we only had at certain holidays. But for me, sometimes fabrics, patterns and texture has that effect on me. I recently visited with a fabric vendor from a quaint and creative Canadian shop that has wonderful handmade fabrics not found anywhere else. While taking a virtual tour of their shop I came upon some fabrics and one in particular brought back so many memories. Crazy huh? But when we were kids our mom always made our clothing and one particular year she made us girls, matching Christmas skirts that we proudly wore and twirled in. We also loved all the compliments we got! I absolutely loved my skirt and the fabric that had such beautiful detail and obviously--a pattern that I would remember for a very long time. I am so grateful that Mom made us clothing and taught us to sew because I truly appreciate the knowledge of sewing and a love for fabrics.

No comments: