Tuesday

farmer market...

don't you just love farmer's markets? I am fortunate enough to do lots of work near a lovely, charming and quaint little market in Alvin, that has been there for many, many years. They have the best fresh vegetables, fruits, & you can pick many during their season. But my favorite thing they have is the best little fried pies (fruit empanadas) in so many varieties. My favorite until today was the apple kind, but I happened upon a satsuma one today that was to die for! I strolled thru the market and picked out my veges and fruits and loaded my car. I had deliberately parked under their massive shaded oaks. Right when I was done, a mom and her little ones had gotten done with their picnic and were leaving. Leaving the beautiful tall oaks and peaceful afternoon all to myself. With a coke and fried pie in hand, I took my shoes off and sat and enjoyed the heck out of my delightful afternoon. Mmmm, bliss

great shade trees
the local market



No comments: